2018 MUNICIPAL AND SCHOOL BOARD ELECTIONS - MONDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2018
In Neebing, there will be elections for one Mayor, one Councillor-at-Large, five Councillors (one for each ward - Blake, Crooks, Pardee, Pearson and Scoble) and School Board Trustees (as determined by the City of Thunder Bay). The Municipal Clerk acts as the Returning Officer and is responsible for the coordination of the municipal election.
- May 1, 2018: Nomination Period Begins
- First day for candidates to file nomination papers to run for office with the Returning Officer.
- First day Notice of Registration as Third-Party Advertiser can be filed with the Returning Officer.
- July 27, 2018: Nomination Day
- Candidates have until 2:00 pm to file nomination papers.
- Withdrawals of nomination can be accepted until 2:00 pm.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- October 19, 2018: Last day for Third-Party Advertisers to register.
- October 22, 2018: Voting Day
- December 3, 2018: Term of Office Begins
- December 31, 2018: Campaign Period Ends
- March 29, 2019: Deadline to file campaign financial statements without penalty (by 2:00 pm)
- April 29, 2019: For those who violate the filing deadline, it`s the last day to file campaign financial statements, with the $500 late fee, to avoid further penalties.
- Penalties - You will forfeit your elected office and you will be ineligible to run for office or be appointed to fill a vacancy until after the 2022 election.
FILING YOUR NOMINATIONS
To file your nomination you must give the following to the Municipal Clerk:
- Completed Nomination Form (Form 1)
- Nomination Fee - $200 to run for head of council and $100 for all other positions.
- Fee is to be paid by cash, certified cheque, money order or by electronic payment.
- Fee will be refunded if your campaign financial statement is submitted by the March 29, 2019 deadline.
Note: Neebing has less than 4000 electors, therefore candidates running for Neebing Municipal Council are not required to submit endorsement signatures from 25 eligible voters.
SCHOOL BOARD ELECTION INFORMATION
Find out what school trustees do, how to become a trustee, how and where to vote, who is running in your ward or region and everything you need to know about school board trustees from the Ontario Education Services Corporation's website.. Click on the buttons below to access their site.
Trustee candidates are reminded to submit your profiles to TrusteeCandidateInfo@oesc-cseo.org. Include your name, school board and ward. You may include a photo, a brief biography, email address and website with your profile.
CANDIDATE INFORMATION SESSION
Tuesday, June 12, 2018
6:30 to 8:30 pm
Click here for details